Research Fellow, The International Institute for Counter-Terrorism (ICT) and a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Lauder School of Government, Diplomacy and Strategy, Reichman University, Israel
Specialist Research Areas:
Salafi-Jihadism, Cumulative Extremism, Violent Extremism, Terrorism, Antisemitism and Islamophobia
Dr Ariel Koch is a specialist on transnational violent extremist ideologies and movements. His specialization is in the study of extremist movements in Western liberal-democracies, and his research focuses on the nexus between Islamist extremism, right-wing extremism, and left-wing extremism. The interaction between these actors is reflected in the articles he authored, and which focused on issues such as modern-day Crusaders, the echoes of online Jihadi propaganda, trends in recruitment and mobilization of right-wing and left-wing extremists towards violent actions, and the possible ramifications of such issues on antisemitism and Islamophobia. Ariel has taught undergraduate courses and given lectures on these topics in front of different audiences, including government officials, academia and more.
Specialist research areas:
Salafi-Jihadism, Radical Right, Radical Left, Cumulative Extremism, Violent Extremism, Terrorism, Antisemitism and Islamophobia, Social Media and the Internet, Transnational Social Movements, and the Political, Social and Criminal Consequences of Radical Right Extremism.
Available for Consultancy in the following areas:
Counter-Narrative Educational Initiatives; Government Consultancy; Consultancy on Regional and Local Level Responses to Radical Right Extremism.
Talks to universities, public schools, governments, and civil society organizations.
Latest posts authored by Dr Ariel Koch
- Global Attendance At Radical Right Rallies Highlights Transnational Threat December 8, 2021
- How Satanism has Transformed Neo-Nazi Violence November 24, 2021
- Arrest Of Neo-Nazi Rapper Highlights Threat Of White Supremacist Music March 19, 2021
- The Nazi Satanists promoting extreme violence and terrorism February 26, 2021
- The Transnationalization of White Supremacist Discourse: The Hundred-Handers and the It’s Okay To Be White Campaign August 25, 2020