Associate Professor of Sociology of Education, University of Cyprus.
Specialist Research Areas: Radicalisation, Feminism, Youth, Anti-Gender Campaigns
Miranda Christou is an Associate Professor in Sociology of Education at the University of Cyprus. Her research interests focus on questions of nationalism, globalization and the expansion of radical right youth movements. She has worked on multiple European projects such as: “INCLUD-ed: Strategies for Inclusion and Social Cohesion in Europe from Education” (FP6, ΙP, Integrated Project, 2006-2011) and “SOLIDUS: Solidarity in European Societies: Empowerment, Social Justice and Citizenship” (Horizon2020-Euro-Society-2014, Euro 3-European societies after the crisis, 2015-2018). She has published her work in various journals including Current Sociology, Qualitative Inquiry and British Journal of Sociology of Education. She was co-editor (with Spyros Spyrou) of the book Children and Borders (2014, Palgrave Macmillan).
Specialist research areas:
Discursive strategies of the radical right; feminist approaches to the study of radicalization; youth and educational interventions.
Available for consultation in the following areas:
Anti-gender campaigns of the radical right; youth and educational interventions.
Latest posts authored by Dr Miranda Christou
- The remnants of Golden Dawn are winning support in Cyprus April 29, 2021
- CARR Blog series on Golden Dawn – Part II – The Women of Golden Dawn February 12, 2021
- How The Radical Right Is Mansplaining Black Lives Matter August 5, 2020
- Nihilism And Hypocrisy Is The GOP’s COVID-19 Response June 15, 2020
- COVID-19 has exposed the odd conspiracy links between left and right June 6, 2020
- Is the radical right spreading the coronavirus? June 2, 2020
- How To Debunk Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories May 23, 2020
- #TradWives: sexism as gateway to white supremacy March 23, 2020
- How The Radical Right Distorts The Science Of Gender February 15, 2020
- Turning Family Into a Political Weapon January 13, 2020