Dr. Sara Kamali is the author of Homegrown Hate: Why White Nationalists and Militant Islamists Are Waging War against the United States (University of California Press, 2021).
Her work examines the self-described beliefs, grievances, rationales for violence, and organizational structures of White nationalist terrorists within a transnational context (North America, Europe, and Australasia).
As a public scholar, she addresses both academic and general audiences through a variety of platforms, including podcasts, online articles, and social media.
Specialist research areas: White nationalism and intersecting systemic oppressions (ableism, antisemitism, Islamophobia, misogyny, poverty, Queerphobia, racism); American history and White nationalism; Big Tech and counterterrorism; racist religions and White nationalism; White nationalism as a transnational ideology (North America, Europe, and Australasia) and the historical and sociopolitical grievances that legitimate terrorism
Available for consultation in the following areas:
- Government policy on domestic terrorism and counterterrorism
- Non-profit engagement on domestic terrorism, human rights, and democracy
- Technical advising and media consulting for film and TV projects
- Legal consultancy; expert witness reports and testimony
- Higher education curricula and research design
- Professional development courses and workshops
Dr. Kamali is also available for media engagement:
- Opinion essays